Join Silvina Irwin, PhD, Certified EFT Trainer, Supervisor, and Therapist, and Lisa Blum, PsyD, Certified EFT Therapist and Supervisor Candidate for this exciting EFT training, sponsored by the Los Angeles Center for Emotionally Focused Therapy (LACEFT).
Have you experienced the dilemma of helping couples achieve greater emotional connection through EFT, and yet found that this does not always translate directly into greater sexual desire, contact, pleasure and flexibility between the partners?
This workshop will present a frame for understanding that dilemma, and offer approaches for more fully integrating sexual concerns into our EFT work, with the goal of helping couples take new risks with each other so that they can share a more vibrant sexual connection. This workshop will include: how to decipher the map of a couple’s sexual cycle; understanding sexual responses and freezes within an attachment frame; interventions that help create a secure base of “safe touch”; and how to get our own natural therapist blocks to processing sexuality material out of the way.
Schedule: This training will run from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.. We will break for a 1.5 hour lunch, and offer two 15-minute breaks. The total instruction time is 6 hours.
CE Information: Participants may earn 6 CE credits for attending the entire program. Partial credits will not be offered.
LACEFT is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. LACEFT is also an approved provider of continuing education by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) for LMFTs, LCSWs, and LPCs.
LACEFT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Objectives: Participants will be able to:
- Describe good process and relevant content for taking a thorough sexual history.
- Analyze a couple’s sexual relationship distress from an attachment frame, and outline a couple’s negative sexual cycle.
- Identify 2 or more models of sexual engagement and response, including the Dual Control Model of Sexuality.
- Outline interventions to help couples restart “safe touch,” including Sensate Focus and other mindful touch interventions.
- List markers within the clinical process that indicate good timing to introduce touch exercises.
- Outline an approach to introduce and process with a couple their sexual touch exercises for maximum effectiveness.
- Demonstrate increased self-awareness of possible blocks to their own comfort and flexibility in processing sexual content in couples therapy.
Location: Pasadena Central Library, Studio on 4th, 285 E. Walnut Street, Pasadena, CA (Note: This program is not sponsored by the Pasadena Public Library)
Parking: Parking is not allowed in the library lot for this event. There is free parking available behind the library at the University of Phoenix lot.
- Early Bird Registration (through Sept. 8, 2018) – Non-Member $145
- Early Bird Registration (through Sept. 8, 2018) – LACEFT Member $125
- Early Bird Registration (through Sept. 8, 2018) – Student $60
- Registration (after) – Non-Member – $165
- Registration (after) – LACEFT Member – $145
- Registration (after) – Student $75
Includes continental breakfast. (Lunch not included – at nearby venues with 1.5-hour break). Scroll down for cancellation policy.
Americans with Disabilities Act Compliance:
LACEFT is available to make arrangements for individuals with particular needs. Anyone who requires special accommodation for a disability is requested to notify LACEFT at least two weeks in advance by contacting Betsy Walli at firstname.lastname@example.org or (714) 584-4447.
Refunds, less a $25 administration fee, will be issued for requests made on or before September 14, 2018. We will not issue refunds that are requested after September 14, 2018.
LACEFT is fully committed to conducting all activities in strict conformance with the American Psychological Association’s Ethical Principles of Psychologists. LACEFTwill comply with all legal and ethical responsibilities to be non-discriminatory in promotional activities, program content and in the treatment of program participants. The monitoring and assessment of compliance with these standards will be the responsibility of the Continuing Education Chair in consultation with the members of the continuing education committee.
While LACEFT goes to great lengths to ensure fair treatment for all participants and attempts to anticipate problems, there will be occasional issues which come to our attention which require intervention and/or action on the part of an officer of LACEFT. The CE Chair will receive and handle all complaints, coordinating with the President and Executive Director of LACEFT if necessary, to work out a fair resolution.
Please email any complaints to email@example.com with subject heading “For CE Chair.”
September 29, 2018
9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Pasadena Central Library
Studio on 4th
285 E. Walnut Street Pasadena, CA
+ Google Map