What: An online consultation group
When: Monthly, on Fridays, from 12:00 – 1:15 PST
Where: Virtual meeting, through Zoom videoconferencing (open to everyone)
For Whom: Anyone interested in learning, practicing, supervising or teaching Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
Offered by Silvina Irwin, Ph.D., Certified EFT Therapist, Supervisor, and Trainer; and Lisa Blum, Psy.D., Certified EFT Therapist and Supervisor Candidate, and co-creators of “Your Whole Relationship: Sex, Desire, Intimacy and Connection,” a workshop for those completing Hold Me Tight and wanting to explore their physical connection further.
The work of EFT in engaging partners in closer emotional connection does not always directly translate into more sexual desire, contact, pleasure and safety. Join us for a series of case consultation discussions focused on addressing client and therapist concerns about sexuality and sex in our work.
We envision the group as part didactic (with a brief discussion starter offered by the facilitators), with the larger part focused on thematic and case discussion. Some of the possible topics we could address include:
- Deciphering a couple’s sexual cycle, and how it is different from their “regular” cycle
- How to help couples reconnect after sex has been missing for some time
- Trauma and sex
- Affairs and sex
- Sex therapy skills, such as taking a good sexual history, recommending resources when couples need practical help overcoming barriers, sensate touch, etc.
- Handling the clients’ embarrassment
- Handling our own discomfort with talking about explicitly about sex
- LGBTQ couples
- And many more...we are open to your requests and interests.
The group’s membership will be open, as we welcome you for a 1-time drop in or the whole series. You can register for the dates that work for you.
If you have a case that you would consider presenting (even if you aren’t sure), please contact us and we can discuss your options.
Note: for those earning supervision hours toward certification, if you present your video during a consult hour, it counts as one hour toward your individual supervision requirements.
May 4, 2018
June 8, 2018
July 27, 2018
August 17, 2018
More dates will be offered in the Fall TBA
1 session: $60
2 sessions at $55 each: $110
3 sessions at $50 each: $150
4 sessions at $45 each: $180
5 sessions at $45 each: $225
6 sessions at $45 each: $270