Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples: An Introductory Course
Friday Nov 14
Time: 12:30 pm – 4:45 pm (Register and lunch from 12 noon to 12:30 pm)
Location: 95 N. Marengo Avenue, Suite 100, Pasadena, CA 91101
CE Credit: 4.0 hours of CE credit (Psychologists and those licensed by the California BBS)
Cost: $115 ($100 with early registration before November 8, 2014) (Lunch is included as well as tea, coffee and water)
Level: this course is suitable for all post-graduate levels of training
Attendees will be able to:
1. Summarize basic adult attachment theory as it is utilized in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT).
2. Explain the role of emotion in EFT, including the important difference betweenShutterstock image - lesbian couple primary and secondary affect.
3. Describe the 3 stages of EFT treatment with couples.
4. Conceptualize a couple’s “negative cycle” including primary and secondary affects, behaviors, cognitions, and attachment needs.
5. Explain the rationale for key intervention strategies and techniques in EFT.